Thursday, June 7, 2007

Truly Fascinated!

Yesterday a couple of my friends were sharing their blogs with me and something caught my attention. That thing is called the Google site translator, which effectively is a tool that allows us to translate our blog posts from the primary language (eg., English) into any of 8 other major languages in a matter of seconds!

This is truly amazing! I am truly fascinated with what technology can do for us these days! It's my wildest dream that I could actually write a post in another language!

I immediately try this out today and BANG, it truly works! However, i notice there were some glaring weakness in the translation as the outcome may not be 100% apple to apple translation but there again, i can't complain, can I? After all, I can now potentially have readers from a different part of the world of different languages potentially reading my blog!

By the way, the tool also allows us to give suggestion to a better translation. It does help if it's a another language that you could understand.

You can find the language translation tool immediately before the Blog Archive section (left column of the page).

Truly amazing and thanks Google!

No comments: