Wednesday, December 26, 2007

63 Limiting Beliefs About Money

For those of you who are not yet successful or rich, ever wonder why is that so? Consciously or subconsciously, it is likely that you have some limiting beliefs about money that have been holding you back... Now is the time to release yourself from these limiting beliefs! A person's financial position is often a good reflection of a person's state of mind about money. It is therefore important to first manage your own state of mind!

Here's my list of 63 limiting beliefs about Money: (Feel free to add more if you feel i have omitted)

  1. Money is the root of all evil.
  2. If I am successful, people will dislike or hate me.
  3. It’s more enlightened to be poor than being rich.
  4. Most rich people probably did something bad or dishonest to making money
  5. If I make lots of money, I might lose it
  6. There is not enough money to go around.
  7. Money is a zero sum game – for someone to gain, there must be someone to lose
  8. It is better to take less than to be responsible for someone else’s hardship.
  9. If I make more money than my father, I will be betraying him
  10. Having lots of money equates heavy responsibility
  11. I am not “good enough” to be rich
  12. Getting rich isn’t for people like me
  13. The rich get richer.
  14. Money makes money
  15. The poor get poorer.
  16. I don’t need lots of money, I just need enough to survive
  17. Too much money leads to stress and health problems
  18. I can’t get rich because the economy is bad
  19. I am not good in managing money
  20. I am not smart enough to be rich
  21. I have potential to become rich, all I need is a break
  22. This is not the “right” time for me to gain wealth
  23. I don’t really want to be rich because money causes problems
  24. I can’t get rich doing what I love
  25. If I strive for money and not succeed, I will feel like a loser!
  26. I should always use money wisely.
  27. Money is hard to deal with.
  28. Money is hard to get.
  29. I have to work hard all the time to make money
  30. Time is money.
  31. I can’t have money and free time at the same time.
  32. Having lots of money makes me less spiritual.
  33. Accepting money obligates me.
  34. To be a better person I have to work more for less money than other people do.
  35. Having money stops me from being happy.
  36. I am happier by having less money
  37. Money spoils me and my thinking
  38. To be rich I have to take advantage of people
  39. I will never have enough money because money is never enough
  40. I get what I deserve.
  41. Never buy anything that I don’t need.
  42. Never ever borrow money
  43. I never want people to know I have so much money because people are really mean to rich people.
  44. If I get paid a lot people will find out that I am a cheat.
  45. Having more money is a form of greed
  46. Rich people are greedy
  47. Getting rich is against religious beliefs
  48. Good opportunities are hard to come by
  49. I am not educated enough to get rich
  50. I am too young to get rich
  51. I am too old to get rich
  52. As a woman, it’s much more difficult to get rich
  53. Selling is difficult
  54. I wish I didn’t have to deal with money
  55. I don’t have time to make more money
  56. If I am not born rich, chances are I won’t be rich
  57. I have to work to make money
  58. Family is more important than money
  59. Once I have lots of money, I will feel secure
  60. The only reason to work is to make money
  61. I will prove myself by being rich
  62. Investments are for people who have lots of money
  63. Investments are too risky

No comments: