Phillip Capital Management (PCM) is one such company licensed by Securities Commission and an approved Fund Manager for EPF. In order to invest your EPF money with Phillip Capital to buy individual stocks, you will need to first of all satisfy the criteria set by EPF as summarised in my previous article "Can You Invest In Individual Stocks Using EPF Money?"
- Fill up the application Form KWSP 9F (AHL) which you can download from EPF website or visit your nearest EPF office.
- Download or obtain a copy of the latest EPF statement
- In the Form, indicate the amount you are entitled to withdraw and submit it to PCM, together with a copy of your MyKad, and that's about all!
- PCM will then submit the relevant documents to EPF for processing, which is expected to complete within 2 to 4 weeks.
- Once completed, the funds will be transferred into your PCM trust account.
- You may start to purchase any of your desirable stocks using PCM's online trading platform.
Other noteworthy Terms & Conditions:
- upfront fee of 3% chargeable by PCM. Withdrawal from EPF is free of charge;
- annual management fee of 1.5% is chargeable by PCM;
- normal on-line trading brokerage & admin charges at about 0.55% of transaction amount is payable;
- minimum holding period is 1 year. Termination only upon one month's written notification thereafter;
- minimum investment is RM30k but can be broken down into trunks starting with RM10k, as long as the minimum amount is satisfied within one year;
- Stocks are only applicable for equity stocks, excluding warrants or any other preferential stocks
Do manage your risks before investing! Best to adopt defensive strategy as EPF money is not meant for excessive speculation!