Monday, October 8, 2007

Unleash The Power of Real Estate Residual Income

Time passes by so quickly that it's been more than a month since i moved into my new apartment. Believe it or not, simple things could turn out to be a complete nightmare, such as the problems I am still facing with my furniture supplier for poor quality of goods delivered and my little balcony lighting still remained unfixed! I am sure many house movers would be able to share this kind of unpleasant experience with me. Anyhow, i reckon that while such issues are to be resolved, i need to move on with life quickly.

Two immediate agendas appear in my list. The first one being Internet Marketing. Internet Marketing is not something new to me. In fact, I was somewhat involved in Internet Marketing since the year of 2003, having seen its vast potential as a business. Unfortunately, I never quite get myself into the thick of it, mainly because i had not put sufficient time and effort into it. Over the years, i have personally witnessed the industry blossomed into a multi-billion dollar business and it has certainly enriched many people and introduced a new way of life for many too. It's not uncommon to hear money making tag lines such as making money while sleeping or making money in your pyjamas! So, i told myself that enough is enough. I am not going to let this opportunity slip by any longer. I need to buck up and get SERIOUS into ACTION! More about this in my upcoming post.

My second immediate agenda is to turn my previous home to become a rental property. Condominium apartment is an excellent asset to generating endless passive income. I actually have 2 options, i.e., to dispose it off for a decent capital gain, or to put it up for the rental market. If i were to sell it, it would probably give me a capital gain of about 25% (which is not too good considering I have owned this property for 8 years!). However, if i were to rent it out, it would give me a short term gross annual return on investment from 8% to 11%! In fact, i am quite confident that i could fetch a gross annual return of 9.4%, which is very attractive considering average rental yield between 4% and 7%. Some of you may be asking, why is it possible to fetch such a high rental yield given such a capital return? Well, it's simply a matter of supply and demand. Whilst home purchasers and investors have generally overlooked this area where my property is located, there are actually great demand in people seeking out for a decent lease home for their own convenience. This property is strategically located, with close amenities such as shopping mall, hypermarket, school, medical center, public transport and recreational parks. In fact, there is also a soon-to-be-launched large commercial and retail center named "The Paradigm". It would consist of service apartment suites, commercial office tower, retail shopping and fine dining. For those interested to find out more, the developer is WCT land, a major property developer who has made themselves popular in successfully developing Bandar BukitTinggi, Klang.

Besides, the nearby soon-to-be completed Plaza Kelana Jaya will also add to the potential attraction to the area. In fact, it is the only waterfront promenade commercial development in Petaling Jaya. Also, another prominent hypermarket operator, UK based Tesco, is believed to be setting up a hypermarket around the area soon.

With such array of positive development soon to be happening, I am eager to hold out for longer term for a bigger capital return and of course in the near term, I could still enjoy my rental income with spare cash to spare when my unit is tenanted. In the meantime, I have some work to be done to get this property tenanted.

2 comments:

1linegreetings said...

Congrat on your new "nest".
Good tips.I is true that we should hold on to property when there are future development to the property location.But walk up apartmnet's prices are falling due to property owners prefer apartments with lifts.

Malaysia Mortgage Broker said...

When buying a rental property, it is very important to choose one with the right facilities and surrounding amenities. Given the vast choices of condominium apartments available today, people are spoilt for choice and naturally, they would go for the ones which offer the convenience and comfort to live in.

Nevertheless, it all boils down to maintenance and good management of the property. I have seen good appreciation in capital value over the years in some good low-rise apartments(even though without lifts) such as the ones at Goodyear Court, USJ Subang.