Friday, July 20, 2007

It's Time To Be Back Blogging

My apology as I have been absent from blogging for about 2 weeks. I have been occupied by a number of things lately. Firstly, my new home renovation is coming to an end, and this is the time extra attention has to be given to attend to the outstanding work to be completed by the contractors. No doubt an early observation of any errors and poor workmanship is much easier to get them rectified sooner than later. Secondly, I had a wonderful one week vacation in Hanoi, Vietnam with my family members. Hanoi indeed offers so much colonial charm and natural beauty albeit inside a very crowded city with mostly motorcycles roaming the streets freely. After returning from vacation, I was unfortunate to catch a cold and that really got me off the mood for a good few days!

Well, so many events had happened in the past 2 weeks, including a whopping 2% one-day jump in Wall Street, which really strengthens investors' believes that US economy is not heading into recession albeit the sub-prime housing sector still being a threat to the economy. At the local front (Malaysia equity), the market is holding on steadily with slight upside bias, trying to rechallenge the all-time high above 1,390. Notwithstanding, profit taking quickly kicks in as local investors were not fully convinced of the market direction for now.

An important matter to take note of is that there are increasing speculation that the Malaysian Government may hold a General Election much earlier than expected. It could even be as early as the next one month. Personally I have doubt if the General Election will happen so soon. My projection is that the Election is going to be held during the first quarter of 2008. However, the Government may change strategy depending on political circumstances. So, be prepared for a major surprise, perhaps?

1 comment:

bokjae said...

Good to see you back! Congrats on your new home!